A Weekend at the Pioneer Woman Mercantile

 The Meals, the Baked Goods and the Home Goods

The Mercantile is truly a destination worth the hype. We loved EVERY minute of it.

First, we'll start with the food. We had 3 meals at the Merc, and seriously wish I had more time and tummy space for more.


This meal was southern comfort through and through- and a delicious way to start out the day. I broke tradition with the south though, and had a homemade jam with my biscuit (I just can't seem to get on the gravy train).  

I feel like Ree must share our #thankjesusforgrilledcheeses spirit after having the grilled cheese dippers for lunch. The stretch and melt of the cheese was on point, and paired perfectly with the homemade soup. The Merc takes cheesy fries to a whole new level. Loved the cut of the fries, the cheese, the bacon, the sour cream. Sign me up for some ranching if it means I'd get to have these on the regular.  The Asian Noodle Salad was a hit at the table, and as leftovers in the car on our drive home.


 Every drop of the queso dip was gone before our entrees hit the table it was so good. The Cowboy Steak Dinner was so worthy of ranch country with a delicious steak, green beans and a twice-baked potato. I can't explain this, but the green beans were a standout of this meal for me, I've never wanted to finish my green beans before. Even with how much I was enjoying my own meal, I had serious order envy for the Chicken Strips. They were crunchy, flavorful, and not at all greasy perfect coating

The kitchen and waitstaff were truly amazing, and made the hard work of delicious, well-done food look easy. Cheers to them all :)



Now for the store, which we shopped two days in a row because there were so many things to want in one place. 

If you can, I really recommend going to the Merc on a weekday. When we were there Thursday we got to enjoy a bit of a quieter environment and take in all the little details. Then, as the weekend rolled in, it was fun to be a part of the bustling activity and see everyone enjoying the fun (plus you gotta love some good people watching).

I'm not normally adventurous with my jean selection (so many things can go wrong that I rarely bother with unfamiliar brands), but I cannot recommend highly enough the Pioneer Woman's clothing. Her jeans are snug, stretchy and flattering in a dark denim. I'd say they are very true to size- so if you're between a size 2-18, go for it.


You could make your selections blindfolded at the Merc Bakery and be happy with it all. The flavors are so natural and sweet without being overly sugary, and the staff were so thoughtful and happy to talk us through the options. During the busyness of Saturday, the bakery was out of chocolate muffins, and one of the wonderful staff kept an eye out for us as we lounged in the seating area to make sure we knew when they were available again. Also, if you look around the corner of the counter, you can watch the baking in action to see the high quality ingredients and process they use in all the treats. 




Also check out our post about P Town Pizza, Pawhuska and Tallgrass Prairie Preserve
and on our stay at the Boarding House Tack Room  

Comments